Data Protection Notice
Standard Life Assurance Limited, acting as a registered data controller, collects your personal information, processes and maintains it in accordance with the Data Protection Acts (1988 and 2003).
Use of personal information
We may use your personal information to:
• process your application
• set up, administer and manage your policy (including, but not limited to, underwriting, processing, servicing and claims handling)
• provide services relating to your policy and to work on improving our services to you (including insight, research, surveys and feedback)
• comply with all legal and regulatory requirements
• where you’ve given us permission, contact you from time to time to keep you up to date with limited offers, new products and services, company news and other promotions.
If your application does not proceed or your policy ends, your information may be retained, used and shared in accordance with this notice, for as long as the law allows.
Sharing of personal information
Your personal information may be shared for the purposes above with:
• other companies within Standard Life group
• your financial adviser
• third party service providers
• regulatory authorities
• Revenue who, under the Standard for Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information in
Tax Matters (Common Reporting Standard) may share information with the tax authorities of other countries
• relevant industry bodies
• professional advisers
• others, where it is permitted by law, or where we have your consent
Where we share your information outside the European Economic Area, we take measures to ensure adequate controls are in place in order to protect it.
If you have appointed a financial adviser, we may share information about your policy with them to enable them to give you advice. You financial adviser will hold, use and process your personal information in accordance with their data protection notice.
Sensitive personal information
If we collect sensitive personal information about you, (for example, information relating to physical or mental health), it will only be used to assess, administer or manage your application, policy or claim.
Right of access to personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. To do so, you should submit a request in writing to our Data Protection Officer. We may charge a fee for providing it (the maximum fee is set by law). If your information is incorrect, we’ll amend it.
We may make changes to this notice. If we do, we will update this notice on www.standardlife.ie.