Synergy Approved retirement funds
Your retirement can last a long time, so it's good to be in control of how your pension is performing.
You've worked hard for your pension.
So it makes sense to be able to have an income to suit your needs.
What is an approved retirement fund?
Approved retirement funds (ARF) are post-retirement investment policies that allow you to continue to invest your pension fund in retirement and draw down money as you need it.
Who can take out an approved retirement fund?
You may choose an ARF if you can have one of the following:
- A personal pension policy
- A personal retirement savings account
- Additional voluntary contributions
- Another ARF
- A defined contribution occupational pension scheme
- A defined contribution occupational pension scheme buy out bond
Why a Synergy approved retirement fund?
if you decide to take a cash lump sum with the balance you may be able to invest in an ARF.
Benefits of Synergy approved retirement fund include:
- The flexibility to increase or decrease your income whenever you want to, or convert it to an Annuity at any time
- The choice of where to invest your money into a wide choice of investment options such as funds, deposits, direct property and Exchange Traded Funds (EFTs)
- Control of your retirement fund
- Your policy is protected by the UK's Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Limitations of Synergy approved retirement fund include:
- Your income is limited by your policy value so you should have regular reviews to ensure you have enough to give you the income you want
- An ARF isn't for everyone. Speak to your financial adviser if you think it's for you.
Your investment options
With Standard Life, you get many investment options, so you can be as adventurous or as conservative as you like.
You can invest in:
Each investment option carries different levels of risk so we recommend that you talk to your financial adviser.
How to get started
Investing for the long term is a big decision and we recommend that you speak to a financial adviser.
Should you choose not to, you can contact us directly on (01) 639 7070
- assist you to purchase a product
- give you information
- provide illustrations
- answer technical questions
- carry out your instructions
But we won't give you any advice or recommendations when it comes to making an investment.
Warning: The value of your investment may go down as well as up
Warning: The income you get from this investment may go down as well as up
Warning: If you invest in this product you may lose some or all of the money you invest