About MyFolio Active
The MyFolio Active range gives you five investment options, categorised by risk. MyFolio Active I sits at the lower risk end of the risk scale, while MyFolio Active V is at the highest.
The level of risk is determined by the mix of assets in each portfolio. MyFolio Active I, for example, will hold more lower-risk assets like money market instruments (including cash) and bonds, and fewer higher-risk assets like equities and property.
Each fund is actively managed by abrdn to maximise your potential returns for your chosen level of risk. Active management is when a fund manager takes a hands-on approach to the buying and selling of investments such as stocks, bonds and property with the aim of maximising the return of the fund.
Improved sustainability outcomes
The MyFolio Active funds have embedded sustainability features contained within them. What does this mean? It means that the investment managers, abrdn, consider Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors when selecting investments for the MyFolio Active funds.
- Environmental factors consider the impact a company’s operations have on air, land, water, human health, and ecosystems.
- Social factors relate to a company’s relationship with its employees, suppliers, and the community.
- Governance factors are concerned with how a company is run, and addresses issues such as diversity at company and Board level, excessive executive compensation, protecting shareholders and their rights as well as reporting and disclosing information.
Where possible, each of the investments within the MyFolio Active funds is assigned an ESG score, based on their effectiveness at managing ESG risks.
What's your risk profile?
It's important to think about your attitude to risk before you invest. If you're not sure what that is, try our risk questionnaire. We also strongly recommend that you discuss both the questionnaire results and the potential benefits of MyFolio Active investment with a financial adviser before you make any decisions.
Why choose to invest with MyFolio Active?
Whether or not you already have an investment portfolio, MyFolio Active offers four key benefits:
- ESG focus. The funds aim to provide consistent long-term returns, whilst delivering improved sustainability outcomes. The funds will aim to invest more in companies with better ESG characteristics and scores, while excluding companies involved in controversial activities or with very high negative environmental or social impacts.
- Diversification. These funds invest in a broad range of global asset classes, including company shares, government bonds, corporate bonds, property companies and cash. So you get a wide spread of potential risks and rewards.
- Simplicity. Unlike many other investment funds, MyFolio makes the process easy to understand. You determine your attitude to risk, then – with the help of a financial adviser – choose the MyFolio fund that matches your risk profile.
- Flexibility. You can always change your mind. If your attitude to risk changes, just switch from MyFolio Active to any other available funds.
More about investing with MyFolio
We've created the MyFolio brochure to give you all the information you need about investing in MyFolio funds. Your financial adviser will be able to help you look at and decide between the funds available from our pensions, savings and investment products.
The information on this page is not financial advice, and it's important to remember that Standard Life MyFolio Active funds are not the only funds available to you. Always speak to a financial adviser before making investment decisions.
Warning: The value of your investment may go down as well as up
Warning: This investment may be affected by changes in currency exchange rates
Warning: If you invest in this product you may lose some or all of the money you invest
Warning: The income you get from this investment may go down as well as up