Fixed term deposits are now available as an investment option on our Synergy Products. They may be a suitable investment option if you are looking for a low-risk investment.
(Indicative rates from 19 February 2024 which are subject to change)
Deposits available through the Self-Directed Option on Synergy pensions and Investments
Gross return at maturity
(minimum €250,000, available on Synergy products, including Synergy PRSA)
(minimum €100,000, available on Synergy products, excluding Synergy PRSA)
|3 and 5 year euro structured deposits are subject to subscription, and, at any time, can be launched and closed within a short period.
|Talk to your financial adviser
(Available for new policies and top ups (to policy cash account, excluding Synergy product charges.) The above rates are indicative and are subject to change without notice.)
*AER is the annual equivalent rate and shows what the interest rate would be if compounded and paid each year.
- It is important that your demands and needs are met, so Standard Life encourage you to seek appropriate financial advice.
- Standard Life does not endorse or recommend any deposit or deposit provider and is not responsible for a deposit’s performance or the solvency of a deposit provider.
- In the event of a deposit provider being unable to meet any claims against it, money from your policy held with that provider will not be covered by any compensation scheme (for example, the Deposit Guarantee Scheme (Ireland), the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (UK) or the Fonds de Garantie des Dépôts et de Résolution (France).
- Synergy product charges apply, including a management charge of 1% per annum. The return on your Self-Directed Option will also be affected by the commission structure you have agreed with your financial adviser.
- When you invest in this Self-Directed Option, a policy cash account will be set up within your policy to facilitate your Self-Directed Options and from which payments are credited and deducted. The policy cash account is provided by a third-party deposit provider. For further information, see the product’s Key Features document and Self-Directed Options guide (SYSD01).
- The variable interest rate payable on the policy cash account from 20 September 2023 is 3.95% gross (4.02% AER*), and is subject to change at any time (it was 3.70% gross (3.76% AER*) between 02 August 2023 and 19 September 2023).
For Fixed Term deposits, interest is applied annually
Occasionally, there may be other deposit terms and providers not shown here which are available as an investment option. Please contact your financial adviser for more information.
- The rates may change or be withdrawn at short notice. The rate you get is the rate available on the day the money is received by your chosen provider. This may take up to five working days, in the meantime the monies invest in the policy cash account earning interest at the prevailing rate.
- At the end of your fixed term deposit, the value of the deposit will be lodged to your policy’s cash account, The policy cash account is a deposit account provided by a third party and has a variable interest rate. The prevailing rate of interest on the policy cash account is stated above. You should then consider your investment options and seek appropriate financial advice.
Please see the fixed term deposits key features document for more information.